Reports to: General Manager
Over Time: Exempt
Summary of Position:
Oversee and coordinate the planning, organizing, training, and leadership necessary to achieve stated objectives in the bar area including sales, costs, profitability, employee retention, guest service and satisfaction, food quality, cleanliness, and sanitation.
Regularly measure and evaluate service levels and standards using guest and employee feedback and develop plans for continuous improvement.
Responsible for creating positive guest interactions while accurately mixing and serving beverages and food to guests and servers in a friendly and efficient manner. At all times, all bar staff members are expected to be attentive to our guests’ needs and make them feel welcome, comfortable, important and relaxed.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Understands completely & conforms to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
- Ensure that all guests feel welcome and are given attentive, friendly, and courteous service at all times.
- Ensure that all beverages and food are consistently prepared and served according to the restaurant’s cooking and serving standards.
- Achieve company objectives in sales, service, quality, appearance of facility, sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and by creating a positive and productive working environment.
- Control cash and other receipts by adhering to cash handling and reconciliation procedures in accordance with restaurant policies and procedures.
- Responsible for an assigned house bank and for following all company cash-handling procedures.
- Make employment and termination decisions including interviewing, hiring, evaluating and disciplining bar personnel as appropriate.
- Fill in where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations are always meeting guest expectations.
- Continuously strive to develop staff in all areas of professional development.
- Prepare all required paperwork, including forms, reports and schedules in an organized and timely manner.
- Ensure that all equipment is kept clean and kept in excellent working condition through personal inspection and by following the restaurant’s preventative maintenance programs.
- Responsible for bar inventories including food, liquor, beer, wine, furniture, accessories, equipment & tool inventories and must constantly manage & maintain documented detailed status in all areas including on hand quantities, costs and quality levels.
- Ensure product is always on hand on an as needed basis through systematic ordering and forecasting techniques.
- Ensure that all products are received in correct unit count and condition and deliveries are received in accordance with the restaurant’s receiving policies and procedures.
- Oversee and ensure that restaurant policies on employee performance appraisals are followed and completed on a timely basis.
- Schedule labor as required by anticipated business activity while ensuring that all positions are staffed as needed and labor cost objectives are met.
- Be knowledgeable of restaurant policies regarding personnel and administer prompt, fair and consistent corrective action for any and all violations of company policies, rules and procedures.
- Fully understand and comply with all federal, state, county and municipal regulations that pertain to health, safety and labor requirements of the restaurant, employees and guests.
- Assist in developing, planning and executing restaurant marketing, advertising, promotional activities and campaigns.
- Cooperate with all corporate departmental needs and work alongside support departments to improve all aspects of the business.
- Respond to any & all corrective action requests from Executive Chef Partner or General Manager in a timely manner.
- Ensure all bar staff team members have necessary tools to perform daily duties.
- Lead by example in all areas by becoming the expert in all aspects of the bar.
- Participate in company policy and standards development as needed.
- Prepare budgets as required by corporate in an effort to meet budget projections.
- Be a role model and a teacher.
- High school degree. College degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a bartender in a high volume fine dining restaurant.
- Be able to communicate and understand in both English and Spanish.
- Have knowledge of service, food and beverage operations, generally involving at least three years of front-of-the-house operations.
- Possess excellent basic math and Windows Office skills and have the ability to operate a POS system. Previous experience with Restaurant Manager POS is a plus.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 6 hours).
- Be able to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 50 pounds.
- Must have the stamina to work 50 to 60 hours per week.
- Proactively handle all staff and guest requests or concerns quickly with caring and fairness.
- Be able to identify and develop staff members for future leadership roles.
- Be able to delegate and get work done through others.
- Demonstrate a leadership style that creates a positive working environment and remains calm during stressful and emotional situations.
- Be organized in all areas e.g., storage areas, side work and scheduling needs.
- Be able to work lunch and dinner shifts on weekdays & weekends.
The employer is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is the policy of the employer to afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. All employment decisions are based on the principle of equal employment opportunity.