TAMALE HEATING INSTRUCTIONS
Preferred Method – Stove top
- Place tamales in a sauce pan large enough to hold the bag(s).
- Fill sauce pan with water to cover bag(s).
- Set stove at medium to high heat.
- Bring water to a hard boil, lower the heat and simmer for a minimum of 5 minutes.
- Open and serve hot from the bag.
- Poke a hole in the tamale bag.
- Place bag in a microwave safe container.
- Microwave on high for at least TWO minutes for Norteños (corn husks) and at least THREE minutes for Oaxaqueños (banana leaves), depending on the power of the microwave.
- Steam from the bag will keep the tamales moist.